[OM] printer woes

Subject: [OM] printer woes
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:09:58 -0700
So I'm down to the wire and I have to print out photos for my wife and I
to enter in the county fair this week and leave enough time to have them
matted tomorrow. Preliminary results from PhotoShop look promising
except for some ink spots on the proofs. Just clean up the rollers I
think. But the next proof has bigger smudges. I open the lid and watch
the heads smear black ink on the rollers as it moves back and forth
which in turn leave black tracks on my picture. &^%$#@ A call to Epson
seems to indicate "crud on the heads" syndrome which requires
disassembly, clean, recalibrate.

Anyone else have this problem with an Epson printer? Is it user
serviceable? Printer is a 2000p which looks basically like a 1280.
You Latte Drinkers in the Seattle area know of a good service center? So
far I talked to Kevin at the Mac Store on 45th who seemed knowledgeable.

The local person with the 9600 in town is off on the mainland so that
option is out. So now I'm waiting for a friend with a 2200 to call back
and offer the use of their printer.

thanks, Mike