Re: [OM] 200 or 300mm Zuiko prime?

Subject: Re: [OM] 200 or 300mm Zuiko prime?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:01:49 -0700
One other combination that was suggested here was the 180/2.8 and the 1.4X-A
teleconverter... but I believe that at the current prices for these lenses,
the cost would allow for buying both the 200/4.0 and the 300/4.5, and
possibly leave a little cash left over...

For maximum versatility we should recommend to buy the 180/2.0 and the
1.4X-A and the 2X-A. This will allow a full range of fast combinations, all
of which should be of equal quality to the less costly primes (although I'm
speculating as I have yet to get my hands on a 180/2.0 -or- a 1.4X-A)...
<sigh> but maybe someday...

However there is the small matter of cost interfering with my dreams, as it
does so many times lately :-p
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...