Re: [OM] 200 or 300mm Zuiko prime? (and 2XA/1.4XA)

Subject: Re: [OM] 200 or 300mm Zuiko prime? (and 2XA/1.4XA)
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:15:59 -0700 (PDT)
Olympus did not recomment the 2XA with the 300.  But as you, that
does not stop me from experimenting.  I have tried a few shots with
the 75 - 150 with the 2XA, and it is very good.  (much better than my
Vivitar 70 - 150 with 2X matched multiplier).  I get very good
results with my Zuiko 200 f4 with 2XA.  I like it because the
combination is very light and compact for traveling.  See this photo
done with a bean bag on top of a safari vehicle.  This has been
digitally zoomed by cropping by about 2/3rds:

http://groups.msn.com/firstlightimaging/2002africansafariampcruise.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=263

I have only a few times used the 2XA with my 100 f2.8 and 135 f2.8
and the results were disappointing - low contrast and chromatic
abberration at the edge of frame.  I need to try it more to be sure.

It would be interesting to hear from list members on their
experiences with the 2XA or the 1.4XA with various combinations of
Zuikos, both Olympus recommended and not recommended.

--- Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 The Zuiko 2X-A will work with the Zuiko 200's and the 300,
> it may be of better quality than the Vivitar but I haven't tested
> these combinations.

=====
Don Shedrick

http://groups.msn.com/firstlightimaging