Re: [OM] [OT] What does it mean BTW

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] What does it mean BTW
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:43:13 +0100
I think that I know what you mean Thomas, but I have a feeling that "á propos" always needs a noun or a clause to follow it, whereas "by the way" is a way of qualifying a whole sentence - usually before the qualified sentence, but sometimes afterwards. "By the way" is wholly colloquial, by the way... :-)

... and no, I cannot speak any Norwegian, although I did try to learn some from my colleagues in NATO ;-)

Chris