Re: [OM] (OT) fish

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) fish
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:32:05 +0200
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:50:30 -0500
"Steve and Kathy" <fishfan@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Glad to find a fellow aquarist.  Our largest tank is 94 gallons.
> Smallest is 2 1/2 gallons.  Mostly African cichlids, also
> livebearers, catfish, and a blue-eyed pleco.

Ohh, ohh, ohh....blue-eyed pleco. I've been looking all over for
such, just to see them, but they are nowhere to find in Paris where I
live :(

Pleco's and catfishes rule :) I've got some labyrinthids, with the
mandatory cory's, siamensis, ancistrus, rasbora, "black neon",
scalare, altum, labeo bicolore and so on. The most exciting would be
the pelviachroma pulcher's, a few anomalachromis thomasi and one very
very shy (but extremely charming) Chaetostoma, which goes by the name
"Jaws Jr." No, it's not all in one tank ;)

I just gave 4 rolls of Provia 400 pushed to 3200 to the lab (finally
found a pro-lab, which does not respond by "you pushed it to WHAT?"
when handing in the film), expecting them back tomorrow. Should be
exclusively shots from the fishtanks with the OM2s/p + 50/3.5 macro.
If they turn out reasonably well, I'll scan some and toss on a
www-page.

Then you can bash me for not taking well enough care of my fishes -
and the rest of the list can bash me for being a horrible
photographer :)

Now, I've got a 96l with a dirty filter to clean :)

--thomas

> Okay, I'm done.  Sorry, list.
> Thanks-
> KathyD
> > Ohh...you're now so much more welcome. A fellow aquarist :)
> > Although not professional, I am into fishes to the extend where
> > the main reason why I consider moving to a bigger place is, that
> > I need (of course, it is "need", right?) another 400l tank, which
> > doesn't fit in my apartment anywhere :)
> >
> > Now, there's a good reason for getting a 50/3.5 macro --
> > fish-portraits :)

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering