Re: [OM] new to the group

Subject: Re: [OM] new to the group
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:54:47 -0400
Cc: <fishfan@xxxxxx>
Welcome, Kathy!

There are some strange things about this group.

1.) You're always going to get at least 5 different questions for any question.

2.) The all seem equally valid.

3.) Clint and John H. are 20 year veterans of OM repair.

Now for my advice:  Here are websites built by people who tested OM lenses as a
hobby:

http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm

Here's one that tested just a few Zuikos but also tested a few from other
brands:
http://www.photodo.com/nav/prodindex.html

Here's my favorite.  If I have labeled it right, it was built by Gary Reese,
one of the members of this list:
http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm

Shockingly, the finest, most expensive 80-200 lens available to fit an OM
wasn't made by Olympus.  It's a Tamron with a maximum
aperture of 2.8 .  (!)
Info:
http://medfmt.8k.com/third/index.html

There's more but that's enough to overwhelm you for a few weeks.

By the way, in your OM cameras, you want this battery: SR44
It will say "Silver Oxide" on the package and you can get them at Wal-Mart.
Don't use LR44 and don't use alkaline.

Lama