Re: [OM] Photographing the Concorde in the UK before it's too late....

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographing the Concorde in the UK before it's too late....
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:10:50 +0100
Hi Chris,

Me too, since that will mean weekends for me aren't quieter than weekdays!
Unfortunately I can see a lot of logic in the Alconbury deal, but they'll
need to do a lot of work on the transport links.
Will the proximity of Wyton cause problems? I can imagine you getting some
unexpected visitors!
One thing which has really impressed me since I've been in Clapham during
the week is the low noise level of modern aircraft. in the descent. At my
home the noise is rarely an issue. Older planes are clearly louder in all
respects.
When the long distance heavies start coming in in the morning, they fly
quiet approaches. Engines are audible but not objectionable, and you can
hear things like flap actuators working above the engines.
When I was in Ealing, the main noise I could hear was a kind of "Whoop" as
the landing gear went down.
What you can really hear are the older generation aircraft. Unfortunately
this includes the freighters which would be working into Alconbury.

Julian