[OM] Travel kit

Subject: [OM] Travel kit
From: Peter Dixon <pdixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:31:42 +0100
Dear Jim

Very jealous - I havn't been to the middle east for 8 months and am v keen to get back.

Here's what I take on a 2 week trip to eygpt:

2 4ti, 1 3
21/3.5
35-80/2.8
100/2.8 (silver nose, of course) for portraits
80-200/2.8 (tamron)
50/1.2 for the low light stuff
1.4 for a bit of extra reach

F280

If I'm in the desert I have the 300/2.8 tamron for wild camels, hyrax and ibex

25 rolls provia 100F
15 rolls provia 400F (can be pushed - with very, very good results - all the way to 3200)

If I'm doing and black and white, ilford FP4+
Sometimes take velvia, can't wait try the new 100asa version in a couple of weeks

Lots of canned air, several soft lens brushes, skylights on every lens, warm ups (81b) and circ polars - but they get very little use

Instant camera (used to be polaroid sx-70, now a fuji instax mini) for handing out photos in liew of bribes

Box of biros to hand out to kids when they ask for sweets or money

But hey, thats just what I take

Pete