Re: [OM] Travel kit

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel kit
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:25:54 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Olist'" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, 21 July, 2003 03:00 PM
Subject: [OM] Travel kit

> OK.  I've resisted doing this until now, but here goes.  The trip in
> question is:  Seattle to Cairo, to Jerusalem (and surrounds), to Jordan
and
> home...
> Total trip duration approximately three weeks.  Part of a Holy Lands tour
> group hosted by the Sr. Pastor at my church (he's lead probably 15 tours
> over the past 25 years).
>
> Consider the slate blank.  Body,lens,film,'pod',case, it's all open for
> discussion at this point.  No replies/suggestions discounted without
> opportunity for rebuttal.

My kit would be: 24/2.8, 50/1.2, 90/2, OM4T with recent CLA, backup OM2n
with recent CLA, lens hoods, Sekonic L508 meter, F280 flash, pieces of grey
card, lens tissues, spare batteries, monopod, tabletop Manfrotto tripod,
49mm and 55m UVa, circular polarizing, and 81A filters. Slide film of choice
would be Ektachrome 100SW .... about 12 rolls.

jh