Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?

Subject: Re: [OM] would an "equipment exchange" work on the OM list?
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:31:35 -0300
on 21/07/2003 08:30, Thomas Heide Clausen at omlist@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I lent a 200/4 and a 35-70/3.6 to someone,
> who then proceeded to break the 200/4 in two (!!!) (thanks Clint for
> helping me fix that) and scratch the front element of the 35-70/3.6.
> Most annoying (I had to push to have him either fix or purchase the
> 35-70/3.6, and the 200/4, well, responsability for its mysterious
> breaking in half was denied).

recently I lent my tripod to someone just to take a look. He immediately
began spreading it as he knew how to, without asking. Broke the clamp before
my eyes. And he denied having done this. He argued that it was broken
before, and I was pushing him just to get another new tripod (this is real
paranoid reasoning) I was lucky indeed I had a spare part without knowing,
because neither Slik in Japan or the USA answered.

Rgds,

Fernando.