Re: [OM] Which OM is best for astrophotography

Subject: Re: [OM] Which OM is best for astrophotography
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:16:29 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I once had a secretary named Wong and a colleague named Huang who said
> it was the same name in Chinese.

Wong is a Hong Kong (Cantonese) transliteration and Huang is a Mandarin
transliteration of the same Chinese character.

> Would Ling and Yeung be different
> English transliterations of the same Chinese name? Are we in the
> position of having 2 C.H. Ling/Yuengs on the list??

Both Ling and Yeung are Hong Kong transliterations, the name are totally
different.

> Is any of this related to  Ling Ling the Panda and the Ling Ling
> Potstickers I buy frozen at Costco? Chicken better than pork and some
> Tiger Sauce added to their dipping sauce perks it up. Yeah, I know Tiger
> Sauce is from Louisiana, but the potstickers are from LA, so somehow it
> makes sense to me.

Number of different Chinese word pronunciation is much less than the number
of Chinese characters, so many Chinese words share the same pronunciation. I
believe both the Panda and Potstickers name is different from my name.

C.H.Ling