Re: [OM] Fireworks results

Subject: Re: [OM] Fireworks results
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:59:21 -0500
At 09:14 PM 7/14/03, Johnie wrote:

Well, it wasn't an intentional underexposure.

Not that you intentionally did it . . . it's that I've never underexposed any so I don't know what happens when it is underexposed. Looked at some of the stuff I've done in the past . . . color accuracy isn't all that high and there is a lot of red/yellow. Using a daylight balanced film shooting what amounts to fire, which is often loaded with reds and yellows, especially as the burst burns out, may result in other colors being overwhelmed by the reds/yellows.

I actually had a printout of your email giving the exposure setting for each film speed. Unfortunately, when I was gathering all my gear for the trek from the car to our spot up by the stage, the printout ended up on the back seat of my car.

Been there, done that . . . the sinking feeling when discovering something useful was left behind in a car that's parked in the "south 40" . . . and then the decision whether or not to make the trek to retrieve it. Last time was an air show and I forgot the tripod in the trunk. I feel some of the pain. Been a long time since I've been somewhere croweded with that many people.

-- John