Re: [OM] Fireworks results

Subject: Re: [OM] Fireworks results
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:29:17 -0400
On Monday, July 14, 2003 at 2:31
John A. Lind <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 10:34 PM 7/12/03, Johnnie wrote:
> >All images were shot with a -4T, on Provia 100F at f11.
>
> [snip]
>
> >The images seem to lean toward the red spectrum. I seem to recall the
> >show having a lot more blue and green that I captured. My guess is
> >that those colors weren't bright enough to show up well on the image.
> >Would the lenght of the exposure make the images go red?
>
> Johnnie,
> The exposure time you used shouldn't have resulted in any color shift, at
> least due to using long exposures.  According to Fuji's data sheet for
> Provia 100F, reciprocity failure doesn't kick in until exposure time
> exceeds 128 seconds.  At four minutes, Fuji recommends a specific "green"
> filter and adding 1/3rd stop compensation.

The exposure time depends on the time the light lasts. Even in a 1-hour
exposure, each bright trail would last only 2-5 seconds.

For capturing meteors, a film with a lot of reciprocity failure is preferred to
keep the sky dark!

tOM----  Abacurial Information Management Consultants ----
Tom A. Trottier, President              http://abacurial.com
758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633 fax:+1-270-596-1042
        -- Benjamin Franklin