Re: [OM] Repair recommendations - UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Repair recommendations - UK
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:03:58 -0400
Yeah.  Until the professionals weigh in, I'll second that.  My memory is that
if the battery is not delivering enough current (ie
it's not a silver oxide or it's so near to the end of its life that it's weak),
the first symptom is locking the mirror up.

While I know you asked specifically about the 4, my OM-PCs have always failed
(with weak batteries) in this way before they fail in
any other way.

By the way, if the first set of brand new batteries doesn't "fix" this problem,
the next step is to buy another new set from a
different shop.

Lama