Re: [OM] OM-2 meter problem(?) (help!)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 meter problem(?) (help!)
From: Kurt Klein <acetone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 15:35:04 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The sun was more above me than behind me, and I have taken over 3000
pictures in manual mode with little to no exposure problems.  I use my
hand to block the sun and get my eyes really close.

When I aim my camera at a dim lamp in my apartment at night with no other
lights on, I get the same problem.  There is virtually zero light coming
from anywhere but in front of me, and the Auto meter will indicate a
shutter speed up to 4 times faster than what the camera actually takes the
picture at.  Plus, when I rotate the shutter speed dial, the Auto meter
changes proportionately and opposite to the rotation, i.e. if meter says
125 and dial is at 125, and then I rotate the dial to 60, meter reads 250,
and then 30 and 500, etc.

Kurt

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

> The 2, like the 1, reads the light near the eyepiece in Manual mode.
> When you have the sun behind you, light streams into the prizm area
> backwards, *through the eyepiece*.  The meter "saw" lots and lots of
> light and so it gave you 1/125.  That's Manual mode and it's just like a
> 1.
The manual mode needle was level when my shutter speed was set at 1/4s.