Re: [OM] OM-2 meter problem(?) (help!)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2 meter problem(?) (help!)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 00:05:05 -0700
Kurt Klein wrote:

Why doesn't the needle reflect the shutter speed that the camera will use?

As Lama suggested, light coming through the viewfinder can fool the viewfinder needle, but the Auto TTL-OTF will measure the correct exposure off the film. The 2 metering systems are completely separate. They can also give different exposures since the OTF meter is average and the viewfinder is center-weighted. I can't imagine that is the cause here, as the difference is so great.

And why does rotating the shutter speed ring affect the needle in Auto mode?

Whether or not light in the viewfinder or something else caused problem 1, there is something wrong, as the shutter speed ring should have no effect on the needle in Auto Mode. I just confirmed that is true in practice on an OM-2n.

Moose