[OM] Re: everybody loves a shift lens...

Subject: [OM] Re: everybody loves a shift lens...
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:18:53 -0700
>From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>twisting the zoom ring
>doesn't change perspective one whit.

Which is precisely what I alluded to. Sorry it wasn't more clear:

>From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>>I devote a whole unit in my class to having students get used to
>>using focal length to alter perspective. They already know how to
>>stand in one place and twist the zoom ring! :-)

...meaning, they've got "focal length for cropping" down already. I try to
teach them to think of a different use for focal length, namely keeping subject
size constant and moving back and forth while zooming, in order to change
perspective.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: HTML email goes right in the trash! Turn off HTML if you want to email me.