Re: [OM] Camera -- to abuse or not ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera -- to abuse or not ?
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 00:40:53 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:

> >  Here are a few example of what good
> > lighting combined with close distances can produce:
> >
> > http://olympus.dementia.org/misc/uw_macro1.jpg
> > http://olympus.dementia.org/misc/uw_macro2.jpg
> > http://olympus.dementia.org/misc/uw_macro3.jpg
> >

> Indeed, very good photos. Where were you and what were the
> conditions? (depth, water...)

Thanks.  Those were all taken in Cozumel Mexico sometime in the late 80's.
Depth was probably around 10m, maybe 15m, it's been way too long for me to
remember.  Equipment was a Nikonos V with a standard 35mm lens, extension
tubes and framer, and SB-102 flash with a diffuser.  Film was Kodachrome 64.

> Just out of curiousity, what UW photographic equipment do you
> maintain?

Just the equipment listed above.  Haven't done any serious UW work in about
a decade though.
                                -mark