Re: [OM] Zuiko 21/3.5 in Ireland

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 21/3.5 in Ireland
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 07:05:50 +0100
Thanks Mark.

I anticipated poorish weather and low light shots; I also wanted to use my 50-250 without worrying about shutter speed. In the event, I could have used ISO 100, with my Camcane supporting the long lens when necessary

My scanner, Canoscan FS400US, has the equivalent of ICE, but I had it set to the Vuescan "Light" setting. Once I realised what was going on I bumped it to "Medium". Vuescan is really starting to give me a lot of pleasure - provided I remember to reset bits that I have changed. My next task is to understand the instructions for setting the exposure for each film so that it works for the whole film. I have also stopped using SCSI (in favour of USB) since having to restart the Mac every time is irritating in the extreme. My next move will be to buy a high resolution Firewire scanner... any guesses which one anyone?

The interference between pola filter and hood was new to me. I cannot have used the 2 together in the past. The filter is super-slim and normally gives me no problems alone. The hood is for the 21/3.5 and is normally good. But the filter will not screw in easily to the hood's thread (because the front of a pola filter is the pola adjustment ring) and so I did not screw it home. This must have left it out in the field of view somewhat.

But the view through a 21mm lens on a lovely day with suitable cloud formations is just wonderful.

I have sorted out the .htm, thanks Mark.

The URL is now http://homepage.mac.com/zuiko/Ireland/index.htm

I thoroughly recommend the .Mac subscription to Mac users out there. With OSX it becomes an online hard disk on your desktop(only 100Mb to be sure, unless you buy more), but it is much easier (well simpler) to use than an FTP upload - for me at least.

Chris