[OM] Leaf shutters

Subject: [OM] Leaf shutters
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:17:10 -0500
"Has anyone ever seen a leaf shutter rated faster than 1/500th?"

Jaime,

The new AF Hasselblad has  top speed of somewhere around 1/800, without
checking their webwsite. It apparently achieves it. I think the only
currently available lens is the normal, so we will see what the others do,
but I expect all lenses will use the same shutter.

I share your skepticism, but perhaps the electronic controls allow a higher
speed. Then again, I can't believe my OM 4's can get to 1/2000. I'll bet the
1/1000 on most horizontal shutters is questionable, as the 1/6000 and 1/8000
on vertical ones.

Bill Pearce