Re: [OM] leaf shutters

Subject: Re: [OM] leaf shutters
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:14:28 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> >I don't see why electronic shutter can be faster,
> Neither do I, except for the fact that there are less mechanical things to
> go out of whack. Basically, just speculating.
>
> >The OM3 and OM4 both can achieve 1/2000s, the FA in 1985 can
> >also achieve 1/4000s, I have tested them personally.
> I have no doubt that those shutters can make the top speed on the bench,
> just after adjustment. What I do doubt it that they cam maintain that
speed
> a year later. I remember when one of the photo magazines did speed
> measurements as a part of their camera tests, and had trouble finding a
> horizontal FP shutter that could make more that about 1/800 top speed.

Usually the OM3/4 is slight slow at 1/2000s, the few samples I tested had no
CLA for five years (at least) and they were less than 1/3 stop slow at top
speed. The FA I once own had similar case, it was six years from new and all
speed were within 0.1 stop (actually beyond my meter can capture, since it
only show 0.1 stop and there was no error record for the FA test) except
1/250s that I have mentioned before.

C.H.Ling