Re: [OM] The Zone System

Subject: Re: [OM] The Zone System
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:10:29 +0800
Albert wrote:

> Yes, but I would like to start shooting slides..  And thus far, most of
> my slides have been disappointing, as it's not very forgiving like
> Reala..  So I would like to know if an external meter would improve my
> slide shooting..

Then you may try to start with an incident meter first, in most
situation it gives accurate result, for the exception you can see
others comment posted before.

> The place I get my film developed is excellent, not really a one hour
> photo job.  I picked it because 9 out of 10 of the professionals use
> that lab.

Actually any print lab will adjust your exposure according to the
density of your negative, slightly under or over will not be seen on
the prints. May be I was lucky, my first roll of slides (with the
OM-10) in 18 years ago gave me very good result for half of the shots.
After I got my 4Ti in 1990 most of my slides were under control and
over 800f them gave excellent exposure, the rest were just due to
careless or in hurry.

If most of your slides had problem your camera may need a CLA.

C.H.Ling