Re: [OM] 200 f4 or better tele or zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] 200 f4 or better tele or zoom
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 01:52:55 -0400
The way I recall it, my interpretation was that the lens needs a custom tripod
mount.  Without that, it is fatally flawed.

It shakes the film plane or something unless it's bolted down yet it does not
have a provision for a tripod mount.  (It's not always
camera motion.)  In addition, if you just bolt the camera's baseplate to a
tripod, the lens is too long and heavy to do much good
and strains the whole rig more than it should.

(I guess everyone understands that the support should be under the center of
mass, not at one end of a long lever, right?)

Lama

From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Read Gary's multiple tests of this lens
with different