Re: [OM] Warning: flying into (and out of) the UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Warning: flying into (and out of) the UK
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 16:05:03 +0200
They're called "knitting needles".
A friend of mine had the stylus from his Palm Pilot confiscated... yes
really.
Jez

Well, so much for "air travel security". Another interresting
one....one cannot bring nail-cutters and the like into the aircraft.
However the lady next to me on my last transatlantic airflight pulled
out her nitwork of her handbag.....of course, with two 10 inch long
"knitting-pins" (what are they called in English), nice and pointy
and of metal. Now, my nail cutter vs. that lady....? Hmm...
--thomas