Re: [OM] Warning: flying into (and out of) the UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Warning: flying into (and out of) the UK
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 02:17:32 -0700
I've been told that the scanner's sensitivity is varied according to a secret schedule to avoid unnecessary delays but give everyone the impression that they are very sensitive. I'm not so sure I believe that, but one experience is hard to explian an other way. At O'Hare a few years ago, I went through the scanner and even had removed my belt buckle before they finally wand scanned me after several unsuccessful attempts to pass without a squeal. It turned out my connection was delayed and I ended up going out again. When I went back through less than an hour later, I walked through the exact same scanner, ready to half strip, without a peep from it.

Moose

Gary L. Edwards wrote:

You must be anemic, Ag.  I set the blasted thing off walking through with
empty pockets and no belt buckle.  Pig-iron in my head perhaps.