Re: [OM] 17mm's

Subject: Re: [OM] 17mm's
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 13:37:46 -0700
18, 21, 24, 28 and 35mm are actually pretty well spaced, with noticeable differences in perspective and coverage. If using 'sneaker framing' of nearby subjects, they certainly overlap in coverage, but the image can differ quite a bit. If there is background at any distance, its relation to the foreground shifts. I know it may be heresy, but the Vivitar S1/Phoenix/?? 19-35/3.5-4.5, in addition to being optically very good, is an interesting way to experience perspective differences over the wide to super wide angle range. It's quite an inexpensive way to find out which focal lengths one prefers in that range.

Moose

Bernard Frangoulis wrote:

One can regularly see on *bay Tokina and Tamron 17mm 3.5 lenses.<snip>

I would very much like to buy a 18/3.5 Zuiko, but it's expensive... and the 21/3.5 will probably be too close in perspective to the 24/2.8 I already have and like a lot. Anyway, ultimately I want'em all...