Re: Re: [OM] Which slide scanner

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Which slide scanner
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:51:27 +1000

> Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> After Giles' note I downloaded it too.  It seems very powerful.  It
> was
> removing tips from trees at the default setting, but even then it
> didn't
> appear to soften the scan the way the old PS dust and scratches
> filter does.

Removes catch lights from the eyes in portraits and other bits and pieces from
images, so you need to fiddle the paramaters a bit to get correct operation.

> You have to submit the S/N from your scanner to start the download,
> so it
> probably can't be had directly from Polaroid if you don't own one of
> their
> scanners.

I downloaded it a while (4 months ?) ago and didn't need to specify s/n or
anything else much.

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge