Re: [OM] OT copyright question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT copyright question
From: Dizel <webmaster@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:01:18 +0200
As they're a commercial company I don't want them using my photos for free, and I want to write to them and tell them that.

FIRST take a proof of existence of your photo on  their site.
I don't know US regulations about it, verbal statement of two
people should be enough. THEN go to any lawyer and ask him for
help. He will help you write letter at a modest cost and
give more advice.

And about 'how much' - at least here, in Poland, in case of
company using my friend's photo, he could buy a D60 with good lens
for money they had to pay him.

But for now DON'T write to him until you contact a lawyer. Because
they will take this photo off their site ;) Also - keep original
photo handy ;)
                                St.
             (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, ZliMC)
                  http://www.familyofman2.com
 GH !d a- C--- E--- W+++ N++ o++++ PS+++ !tv b+++ D++ e* h* r++ z**