Re: [OM] photographing hummingbirds

Subject: Re: [OM] photographing hummingbirds
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:01:41 -0300
British photographer Stephen Dalton in his 1982 book "Caught in Motion"
talks about flash speeds of 1/20000 second needed to freeze humming bird
wings. One of his humming bird shots at 1/3000 second still shows movement
in the wings.

This book is a stunning collection of high speed nature photos and can be
found at

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/067160872X/inktomi-bkasin-20/103-2093
541-1460620

jh