RE: [OM] 300/4.5 $350 in Australia

Subject: RE: [OM] 300/4.5 $350 in Australia
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 19:08:28 +0100
No it isn't stupid - sniping only raises the price by the margin the sniper
is willing to raise.  As a sniper, I want to exclude the possibility that
others can outbid me, so I arrange to bid at the very last second.

As a seller, by warning that I will end early, I force the sniper into
bidding, so that others *can* outbid him.  Until I am happy with the price,
so I end the auction.

Not exactly transparent auctioneering - count me out.

Or is it only me who thinks this way?

Piers