[OM] [OT] Anyone knowledgeable about Ricoh R1s?

Subject: [OM] [OT] Anyone knowledgeable about Ricoh R1s?
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 12:49:40 -0500
Anyone on the list have any experience with the little Ricoh R1 P&S? I have one that has been on the shelf for awhile, and when I pulled it out yesterday, I noticed that the LCD frame counter is intermittent... the seven-segment counter display is missing multiple segments, and by pressing on the body at various locations around the display I can make the problem better or worse. I'm guessing that there are some sort of "bump contacts" between the electronics and the LCD that have become corroded or something over time - any one have more definite information or guess? How about repairability? This is a pretty nice little pocket camera, and everything works fine except the display, so I'm not tempted to try deep surgery! I can probably live with a little sticky note to manually keep tract of exposures remaining, if it comes to that...

As always, any insights are appreciated!

Curt