Re: [OM] Aaaargh - I did it... Mine Too !!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Aaaargh - I did it... Mine Too !!!
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:30:30 -0400
I loaded a test roll too in a BER 2S.  The leader is so short (1.5") that
for sprocket holes to be over only the bottom teeth of the sprocket, the tip
is through a slot on the take-up spool, but there is not enough film to
complete one revolution of the spool.  The tip of the film could easily slip
out of the spool in this position. Film may not wind properly if back cover
is open.

With the back closed and film tip firmly seated through slot in spool, I was
able to wind film to the first frame, even though top edge of film was
started with sprocket holes not yet over sprocket shaft.

If the top sprocket is turning so is the bottom, as in any OM bod, right?
Are you sure film tip isn't slipping out of the take-up spool?
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000