Re: [OM] Printing multiple 5x7 on 11x17 paper

Subject: Re: [OM] Printing multiple 5x7 on 11x17 paper
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 11:38:45 -0400
I sent the following note to Tom. Reproduced here without the attachment. Send me an email if you'd like the attachment.
This is very easy to do in Picture Window using the "layout" facility. Layout allows you to define a template which consists of page size and variable size areas to contain images. The templates can be saved and reused.

Popping images into the layout creates another image which can then be saved, printed, manipulated, etc as any other image.

I switched from Photoshop LE to Picture Window at John Lind's suggestion and haven't looked back. It seems to do most of what Photoshop does but is clearly oriented at photographers instead of graphic artists.

Under $100 for the professional version. The author is Jonathon Sachs, a photographer and the original programmer for Mitch Kapor's Lotus 1-2-3. Not working for Lotus anymore but still down the road in Cambridge.
See Digital Light & Color:  <http://www.dl-c.com>

The Word file enclosed has a screen capture illustration of the use of the layout facilty. It shows laying up three 4x6 images on an 8x10 sheet for printing.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA