Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1 problem - any ideas?

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1 problem - any ideas?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:34:29 -0600
Hm-m-m-m....  Actually, if the rubber ring is all that's bad, the motor will
just spin and spin -- no clicking at all should happen.  If it goes "click-ity
click" every time you press the release, then stops, there might be something
jamming the mechanism somehow.  Or it might be trying to release the shutter but
can't -- I've seen MD's where the end of the arm that moves the release pin is
broken off, perhaps that's it.  In any event, yes, it looks like a trip to the
shop is in order.