Re: [OM] Re: Standard lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Standard lens?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:25:41 +0200
On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:55:56 +0200
mpm5686@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I see your point.  So in addition to my 18/3.5 and 24/2.8, I need
> not only the 55/1.2 and the 50/1.2 (to find out which is best), but
> also the 21/2.0, the 28/2.0 and the 35/2.0.  Oh, and of course, why
> not the 24/2.0 as well....  :o) Thank you all for your kind advice!
>  This list is terrific!
> Now...., Will anyone help me talk to my wife about this? ;-)
> -poo

See, that's where Moose, dr. of Zuikohology, comes in. You can simply
use "Honey, it's doctors orders...." :)

No, it doesn't work here either :(

--thomas

ps: You really also need the 8mm - and noone is complete without the
1000mm either. Although neither of those are f2 versions, both can be
best described by the phrase "might beast" :)

> At 2003/04/01 Tue AM 10:29:29 CEST Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Actually, the 21/2.0 is great for group pictures... not only do
> > you not have to step back, you don't even have to stand up! I
> > think either a 28/2.0 or a 35/2.0 would be the best for indoors
> > group shots (without flash). If you use a flash then you have to
> > make sure the coverage is there, and the 21 is a bit wide for
> > most flash coverages...--
> >
> > Jim Brokaw
> > OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...
> >

> > on 3/31/03 2:24 PM, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > > Recent experience at the ZA Bay Area meeting indicates 50mm
> > > isn't really wide enough for groups at a reataurant table.
> > > Anybody remember me almost falling backwards over some chairs
> > > and another table when I stepped back with the 50/1.4 to take
> > > you picture?
> > >
> > > Moose

> > >that> focal-length-wise the 50 may be better for you: a 55mm is
> > >slightly> longer, and restaurants in general do not sport a lot
> > >of space to> "step back". So alone the sligltly larger
> > >angle-of-view may make the> 50/1.2 more desireable?

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx