RE: [OM] Should I consider not selling?

Subject: RE: [OM] Should I consider not selling?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:05:40 -0800
I think there is more to it than just this. Dan has said he likes to
shoot water sports, whales, craters and other things.

When I think of a Hawaiian beach scene I expect to see pretty bright
colors and I wouldn't expect to see too many "white" bodies. A beach
scene that didn't have saturated colors for surfers etc would look
"wrong". Maybe I saw too many coppertone etc ads when I was growing up.

When taking pictures of rocks I haven't found too much saturation to be
a problem. Color shifts can be disappointing but plenty of saturation
often seems to appear normal to me. I've also been quite happy with
Velvia when taking pictures in San Francisco ... but I include a pretty
wide view in almost everything I shoot. Buildings, signs, vegetable
stands, seem to work well with Velvia.

I can imagine beach scenes with pale colors and/or mostly grays that
would look great but some how it seems like it would be the image that
looked odd and "dream like". (Of course a lighthouse in the fog has
different expectations than day glo clad beach scenes I'm not thinking
of different subject matter just a different view of it)

-jeff

******
>You must be joking !

Perhaps this person does dark-skinned subjects... I think Velveeta (for
those "cheezy colors) does a great job on dark skin.

But if your subject is Caucasian, they all end up looking like little
pumpkin-heads with Velveeta!