Re: [OM] push processing

Subject: Re: [OM] push processing
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 18:39:36 -0500
Fuji Press 1600 for color negative . . . if this is fast enough. It's a true 1600 film; no push required at rated speed. Not certain I would push it. A daylight film, it is very forgiving (easily balanced) when used under tungsten lighting.

Kodak Ektachrome P1600 (EPH) for color transparency . . . if this is fast enough. Its nominal rating is ISO 400 but it's optimized for push 2 processing. I've used this and latitude/contrast is OK, but it's quite grainy. A daylight film, it definitely shows color shift under tungsten stage lighting.

Kodak Ektachrome 320T for color transparency . . . pushed to EI 640, if this is fast enough. Contrast goes up as does grain and latitude goes down. Does work very well under tungsten lights. I wouldn't push it faster than EI 640!

Kodak TMax P3200 (TMZ) and Iford Delta 3200 for B&W negative. Both of these have nominal ratings of about ISO 800 and like the EPH are multi-speed optimized for push 2. I've used both of these push 1 at EI 1600 to open up their latitude wider for high contrast situations under harsh lighting with good results and grain similar to Tri-X at ISO 400. At EI 3200 their latitude is more normal with slightly coarser grain; I would strive for flatter lighting at that speed (push 2; EI 3200).

-- John

Hello there..

I am wondering if anyone could share some experience about push
proccessing..

I am just about taking picture in the dimmed stage and flash not allowed.
iso 400 to 3200 or 4800
 which film/slide is good for this kind of push

Thanks

Soegi