Re: [OM] [OT] Re: "Americanism," the American way and this list

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Re: "Americanism," the American way and this list
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:25:41 -0800

Of course Saddam Hussein must leave stage ASAP, but please could we
get rid of Bush and Blair immediately afterwards?

How does this square with what you just got through saying? It's Bush and Blair and Spain (and Portugal and Australia and Poland and Bulgaria, that I know of for sure) who have said "Enough's enough!" and are now pursuing the only means I can think of to get Saddam Hussein to "leave stage ASAP" as you put it. Do you imagine this monster would exit stage left willingly? And with what? A huff and a puff and an apology for wasting everyone's time?

You want to have your cake and to eat it, too, don't you?

Tris

P.S. "Most" Americans support this action, in spite of your ignorance to the contrary. Every poll I've seen following the president's address last night gives the same result on that (indeed, were giving the same result long before the president delivered his ultimatum).