Re: [OM] New Tri-X emulsion (image from John Stewart concert)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Tri-X emulsion (image from John Stewart concert)
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 16:57:55 -0800

The discrete parts which you've identified play off each other symbiotically. I suppose either the woman's face peering out from the shadows, or the shadows cast on the wall in the back, might work individually. But that isn't what I was after. I noticed the relationship between the two and tried to capture them together in harmony. Of course it was just a grab shot, but I kind of like the way it turned out. (It was noted in the original posting that this picture was made at a concert, which the woman was watching, the shadows on the wall falling from the singer/guitarist at the mike on stage.)

More contrast would lose shadow detail and resolution in the highlights of the woman's face. That's apparent.

Of course you wouldn't want to open this one up _too_ much. I was just curious to see how it'd look compared to the other. There's never an end to what you can do with an image given time and interest.

Tris