Re: [OM] New Tri-X emulsion (image from John Stewart concert)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Tri-X emulsion (image from John Stewart concert)
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:53:00 -0800

I received a reply over on Fred Miranda's site after posting this image in the B&W forum for critique. I was told the viewer couldn't determine the subject, that he thought the image needed more contrast.

If you have interest in that discussion (my reply is short) you may read it here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/26136/0

Meanwhile, I've posted this image to the same thread. With the shadows opened up and the use of tint this picture assumes a different character. I occasionally fool around with B&W tints as the effect can be pleasing if not overdone. I don't know if it works in this instance or not, but it certainly changes the mood.

http://home.mindspring.com/~tristanjohn/archivedphotos/Delottswife-shadowsTri-Xcolored.jpg

Tris