Re: [OM] Re: New Tri-X emulsion (image from John Stewart concert)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: New Tri-X emulsion (image from John Stewart concert)
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:11:34 -0800
Local lab (somewhere in Santa Cruz, I drop the film off in Scotts Valley), scanned on a SprintScan 4000, darkroom work performed in PS v6 (mostly just dust cleansing, plus one large hair that was in the original posting, since re-posted to reflect this correction), then I tried a couple of different sharpening methods (high-pass filter looked almost better as this also takes the shadows down a mite, but I settled for a USM approach).

That's it.

The film is smoother, much to my regret, but then I had my regret when Kodak first announced this change so I'm more or less geared for it. Just one roll left here of the old Tri-X. Anyone happen to know a supplier with the old film stock still?

Tris

you forgot to tell us "the rest of the story". How was
it processed and by who- developer-paper print-direct
scan from neg-ect? Enquiring nit-pickers want to know.

            yours on Pure_Silver,

                   Garry D. Lewis