RE: [OM] RE: [OT]

Subject: RE: [OM] RE: [OT]
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:07:45 -0700
It has always interested me that the people of other countries that profess
to dislike the US the most also seem to be the people who most want to come
live here. That leads me to the uncertain conclusion that there is a lot of
jealousy involved in the criticism. What has been achieved here is the
result of a lot of hard work. I wish I could take my little Oly cameras and
visit all the countries of the world and sample their individual cultures to
better understand them and their contribution to this microcosm of ours. I
know two men that have lived with the people in every country in the world.
They have been on this journey for over 45 years and the stories they tell
are wonderful. I am not able to do that so the images list members share of
places all around the world have special value to me. The snide remarks
about my homeland are of less value.