Re: [OM] Candles:Exposure:processing

Subject: Re: [OM] Candles:Exposure:processing
From: "M. Sparks" <mms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:39:21 -0500 (EST)
If the candle flame is in the field of view, it will throw off the
exposure everywhere else, just like any small, bright light.  In these
circumstances, I would usually rate an ASA 400 neg. film at an EI of 25,
and bracket from there.

When you have nice, even lighting the OM2/2n does a really nice job in the
dimmest light.  Examples include still lifes by window light, wet street
scenes at night, etc.

If anything I find the OM2/2n to be less capable at the high speeds.  I've
owned about 8 of these over the years, and I don't think I've ever gotten
a true 1/1000 sec. from any of them.  By contrast both my OM-2S bodies
have always been spot on, without CLA's.

Just my $.02

Morgan