Re: [OM] Candles:Exposure:processing

Subject: Re: [OM] Candles:Exposure:processing
From: chris@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:46:03 -0700
Assuming you're using print film, shoot a test roll with each camera,
and mark "DO NOT CORRECT EXPOSURES" on the envelope
when you get the film developed.  Most labs automatically correct
prints, usually without much (if any) human review or intervention.

Doing this will give you a better idea of what the cameras are
*really* producing.  Dunno what the problem might be (or if there's
actually a problem), but some possible causes of wonky exposures
are:

1.  Your using akaline batteries and they're going dead
2.  The metering system is out of wack
3.  The shutter speeds are out of wack
4.  You *don't* know how to set the ASA dial properly!  :-)

Since you mention that both cameras are doing the same sort of
thing at the same time, my guess is that it's #1 (dying akalines in
both cameras), or something to do with processing.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Chris
P.S.  Can't help with hints on taking candlelight pictures.  I've only
tried it once, myself, and the results were crap, too.  :-)