Re: [OM] Fake eBay Billing Requests

Subject: Re: [OM] Fake eBay Billing Requests
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:18:33 -0500
I forward email frauds, MIMEd to preserve all the headers, to:
    419.fcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    wafl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    419@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    alphae@xxxxxxxx
    polygon@xxxxxxxxxxx
    scammed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tOM

On Thursday, February 27, 2003 at 9:41
Mark Dapoz <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just a word of warning to those of you who use eBay.  It appears there is
> another round of fraudulent eBay billing request email's going around.  The
> email appears to be genuine and request that you update your billing
> information.  However, if you follow the link in the email it takes you to a
> fake site that looks like eBay which will harvest your password and/or
> credit card information.  Always go directly to the eBay home page when
> updating such information.  These fradulent emails made their rounds about
> six months and it appears they're back again.  I've received three so far
> this week.
>     -mark

---- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur ----
   ,__@ tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)                ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714
safety." -- Benjamin Franklin