Re: [OM] Strange times... (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Strange times... (OT)
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:23:02 +0000

Charles Sdunek wrote:

At 09:45 PM 2/6/03, you wrote:

He gave me some line about how I was taking part in an illegal protest and my presence was a hazard to public safety.

Illegal protest??? assembly, even to protest is our right....so long as it is nonviolent. Boy it ticks off the authorities when people do it though.

Too right they don't like it! The government here tried to prevent an anti-war rally scheduled for Saturday in Hyde Park in London, saying the protest would 'damage the grass'. The organisers threatened to hold the rally in the Mall, outside Buckingham Palace, instead. The government decided Hyde Park's grass would be OK after all.

We really have to keep an eye on the governments we elect!

Roger