[OM] Re: [OT] Strange times...

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Strange times...
From: chris@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 21:40:24 -0700
On 6 Feb 2003 at 18:45, R. Jackson wrote:

> I could kind of imagine that kind of stuff in a big city, but in my
> teeny little town with the sheep grazing on the hills in the background
> I would never have expected it.

Not to generalize, but actually a big city cop might have not even
cared about the protesters *or* you.  That kinda thing happens all
the time in the big city, so unless the crowd is huge (and, therfore,
crowd control was needed) or someone is causing trouble (throwing
things, blocking traffic, etc.), the cops would probably ignore it.

On the other hand, in itty-bitty towns the cops might freak at that
kind of thing because it's so "out of the ordinary."  They might be
more fearful of things quickly getting out of hand.

Either way, it sounds like the cop overeacted to the situation.
Unfortunately, he *IS* the guy in authority.  Give him too much grief
or back talk, and you *CAN* find yourself cuffed and sitting in a
squad car.  Best thing to do in a situation like that (unless, of
course, you don't mind being handcuffed and arrested) is to politely
excuse yourself and move on.

Just my humble thoughts on the subject.  Of course, anyone who
disagress is.....   WRONG!  WRONG!  WRONG!  :-)))

Regards,

Chris