Re: [OM] Why OM3/T?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why OM3/T?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:16:31 -0500
During the recent cold snap, with the temp in the teens
Fahrenheit, I was shooting some bird pix with an OM-3, MD2 and
400/6.3 Zuiko stuck out glass sliding doors.  I got cold,
especially my toes and nose.  Since the bird feeder I was shooting
at is on the deck and it's possible to walk right up to it, a fit
of genius inspired me to take off the 400 and instead put a 100/2
Zuiko on the OM-3 and move the whole rig outside to within about
three feet of the feeder.

Then, with no fear of shutter or meter failure because of cold
batteries, I set the proper exposure and retreated to the cozy
warmth of a comfortable chair close to the fireplace and by a
window with a clear view of the feeder.  From there, with NiCd
control pack in warm and toasty hands, attached to the MD2 by the
10m relay cord running out the 99.9losed window, I fired off a
couple of dozen shots of cardinals, jays, nuthatches, et al., as
my nose and toes returned to the 98.6 F. they're supposed to be.

That?s how to do wintertime wildlife photography.

Of course, I could?ve done the same thing with the OM-1n, but then
I wouldn?t have this tale to tell.

Walt