Re: [OM] Why OM3/T?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why OM3/T?
From: Klaus Elmquist Nielsen <klaus.elmquist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 20:02:40 +0100
Hi all,

I have been using four different OM bodies so far:

(1) An OM-2N borrowed from a list member. Worked perfectly.

(2) An OM-1N modified to use a 2-4 screen, borrowed from a list member.
    Worked perfectly.

(3) An OM-2 that I bought used. Awful slide exposure. Had it fixed almost a
year after
    I bought it. Fortunately the shop paid when I finally convinced them to
accept it
    for repair. But I still got a lot of badly exposed slides as a memory.
Should have
    paid for the repair myself (sigh).

(4) A new OM-3Ti. Works perfectly. Except for piece of plastic from the body cap
    that ended up in the film transport mechanics (A transport dammage that
Olympus
    Denmark fixed for free even though it was not their problem).

To me the OM-3Ti is simply the best camera I have ever used. I use the spot
meter all
the time simply because it gives me better control over the exposure. I shot a
lot
of slides, including Kodak's Ektachrome Infrared, where a precise meter and
shutter
is essential. And the OM-3Ti works very well in cold weather.

Agreed, it may not have all the features one could use. Agreed, the OM-1N or
OM2k may work
just as well in the cold. But I don't have them. Agreed, I mix the qualities of
the OM-3Ti
with that of a properly adjusted camera.

Cheers,
Klaus

 ... who still not have realised how many money he have to pay back the bank.
;.(