Re: [OM] Why OM3/T?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why OM3/T?
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:40:05 -0000
Ah, but the colour of a 3ti.....
No batteries is useful in *really* cold weather, where a spare will not help.
Allegedly. I've never managed to get a double - digit body to fail from cold,
let alone a 2 or 4.
>From a utility value, surely the comparison should include a 1? You get 1/2000
>a spot meter and viewfinder correction (and TTL flash on a Ti) and lose self
>timer and mirror lock - up. You also lose the silky - smooth wind action of a
>1. Of course, if it's cold enough to kill a 4, then you only gain the 1/2000
>and viewfinder correction over the 1, as the other gains require the
>batteries. And, of course, a 1 will fire a flash without batteries, which a 3
>won't.
Ah, but the colour of a 3Ti...
IMHO it's collector value only. That's why my 3 and 3Ti both stay at home LNIB.
They're beautiful objects, but when I need a mech shutter, I reach for an OM1.
Otherwise I grab a 4Ti.

Julian
Cambs, UK